Dealing With The Legal Aftermath Of A Tragic Loss
Losing a loved one is never easy. It’s even more heart-wrenching when the death was preventable. If you have lost a family member due to someone else’s negligence, don’t face the legal aftermath alone.
At Ball, Bonholtzer & Evans, we are here for you in this darkest hour. We can help you get the answers, financial recovery, accountability and closure you deserve.
We know that no amount of money can fill the void in your life left by your loved one’s absence. Still, you shouldn’t have to add financial struggles to your already weighty burdens. You deserve compensation to help make the road ahead a little smoother.
Guidance On Your Options For Financial Recovery
Turn to our lawyers for help sorting through your legal options. We can evaluate your rights with regard to two types of claims that arise from an untimely death:
- Survivorship claims: Depending on the circumstances of the accident or incident, you may be able to raise personal injury claims on your loved one’s behalf, stepping into their shoes to pursue the rights they should’ve had. These claims allow you to pursue compensation for medical bills, lost income and other expenses related to the accident. You can also seek damages for your loved one’s pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death claims: These claims address the losses, both financial and nonfinancial, that you’ve suffered as a result of your loved one’s death, including:
- Funeral and burial (or cremation) expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship and moral support
- Loss of their training and guidance (in the case of a parent)
- Loss of physical intimacy (in the case of a spouse)
- Loss of their day-to-day contributions to the household (such as cooking or cleaning)
Whether the death resulted from a fatal auto accident, construction site accident, dangerous property conditions or any other form of negligence, you can count on us to get to the bottom of what happened and who was responsible.
Attorneys You Can Rely On, In Court Or Out
As accomplished trial attorneys, our lawyers know how to present compelling cases. We will prepare your case for the possibility of trial, laying the groundwork for a verdict or settlement commensurate with the magnitude of the unimaginable loss you’ve endured.
Learn more by scheduling a free consultation at a time that works for you. We’re available evenings and weekends as needed. Reach out to us online or by phone at 626-817-6453. From our office in Pasadena, we represent surviving family members throughout Los Angeles and Southern California.